We all know that dogs are not just a pet, but more like a true member
of the family. Through the good (weeknight after-work cuddle sessions),
and the bad (when they wake you up at 4am to go pee) no one will ever
love you as much as your fam with fur.
Here are 17 reasons dogs are definitely family.
1. Your dog is the first thing you see when you wake up and it makes your morning that much more bearable.
2. You have more photos of your dog around the house than your significant other and/ or children.
3. They just know when you’ve had a bad day, and go out of their way to make you smile.
4. When people ask if you have any siblings you respond with
“… and then we also have a dog… so it’s basically like I have another
5. You’ve all started to look alike.
6. Your dog has more toys than most kids.
7. You consider it a personal insult when places aren’t dog friendly.
8. You wouldn’t dream of taking a family photo for the holiday card without your dog in it.
9. Your dog’s happiness always comes first.
10. You buy other family members birthday cards from the dog and it’s not a real birthday without one.
11. Your dog is so much a part of a family that it even went
through a rebellious teen phase as a puppy (although luckily it only
lasted about six weeks.)
12. When going on family trips the dog and the kids fight for space in the backseat, the dog has been known to win.
13. When it comes to big family events (Thanksgiving, Christmas, weddings) none of them would be complete without your pooch.
14. Most of your favorite family memories involve your hound (or hounds).
15. Your engagement announcements looked like this:
16. He/she has always been there for you and will always protect you, just like your less furry (debatable) family members.
17. You can’t imagine your life or home without them.
So many feels!